IN-PERSON Summer Symposium
IN-PERSON FOCUS: Innovations | Insights | Trends
Association Professionals, join us in Washington, D.C. for an in-person one day only event!
Session 1: The Future of Associations: 4 Ways to Adapt and Thrive
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Instructor: Bill Sheehan, VP, Strategic Partnerships, Multiview
How do you grab the attention of your members in a world of decreasing attention span? Join us to learn how media companies engage and how it can benefit your association. We can help you change your mindset to always think boldly and evolve with your industry, including members and vendors.
- The attention economy & how to benefit from integrated media plans.
- How to grab the attention of your members in a world of decreasing attention span.
- How media companies engage, and how it can benefit your association.
- How to change your mindset to always think boldly and evolve with your industry, including members and vendors.
Session 2: From Legacy to Modern: Updating Systems for New Technology and AI
11:15 AM – 12:15 PM
Instructor: Ali Niroo, Managing Partner; Bridgepointe Technologies and George Breeden, CAE, MBA, NREMT CIO, Investment Company Institute (ICI)
Session 3: The Ultimate Guide to Salesforce for Association Management: Implement, Enable and Engage
1:15 – 2:15 PM
Instructor: Sarah Irwin, Solutions Director, Fionta
More than ever before, associations are being challenged to do things differently. Changing demographics, competing forces, the ongoing public health crisis, and a change in the way members expect benefits and services to be delivered are all creating pressure on association leadership and staff to retain and gain members.
At the same time, many legacy Association Management Systems (AMSs) are still offering the same old technology and lack in critical areas of need. You’ve no doubt heard of Salesforce, but what can it offer to meet your organization’s needs?
In this session, we’ll:
- – Provide an overview of commercial AMSs built on Salesforce, a custom solution built on native Salesforce, and the associated Apps that can help you best meet your members’ needs.
- – Talk about what to look for in an implementation partner for a Salesforce solution and running a successful procurement process.
- – Discuss how you can prepare to move from a legacy system and how to set expectations with your team.
Session 4: Yours, Mine and Ours: Exploring the Many Facets of Cybersecurity Awareness
2:30 – 3:30 PM
Instructor: Andrew Leggett, CEH, CSSA, CISSP, Director of Cybersecurity Operations, DelCor
Are you feeling paralyzed by all of the cybersecurity buzz in the industry? This is not relegated as an ‘IT only issue” – Business Owners play a key role in ensuring that your associations’ operations are as secure as possible. Join DelCor’s Director, Cybersecurity Operations, Andrew Leggett, to demystify the nerd word and provide practical strategies to mitigate, transfer or accept cybersecurity risks.
- Evaluate your current security architecture against industry standards.
- Gain insight into possible next steps in advancing your organization’s IT security.
- Explore “IT Tradeoffs” to reduce technical management in exchange for vendor management.