W415: Top Not-for-Profit Risks
May 11 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
Have you ever found yourself in a new role at a not-for-profit and been caught off guard by an accounting or compliance issue? An appropriate assessment of the key risks of a not-for-profit is critical for management to mitigate risks, to instill confidence in their Board and to ensure that compliance issues do not interfere with their mission. Without taking the appropriate time to identify and manage risk, a not-for-profit opens themselves up to loss of tax exemption status and much more. Come learn our top accounting and compliance issues and tips and tricks to stay ahead of the curve and to build confidence from your Board.
- – Describe the top risks faced by any not-for-profit
- – Discuss sources to review to determine if the risk applies to your organization
- – Discuss strategies and tools to specifically mitigate each of these risks.
- – Summarize and share a Controller’s toolkit to ensure compliance risks are addressed.
- – Provide real-world examples.
NASBA (Field of Study) Finance
CAE (Subject Domain) Operations
Prerequisites and advance preparation needed At least 1 year of association or nonprofit operations experience. No advance preparation required for course
Reviewer Wade Tetsuka, CPA
CPE/CAE Credits 1.0
Delivery Group Internet Based