W315: How The Pandemic Affected State Tax Policies And What To Expect For The Future
States have long relied on tax revenues to fuel their budgets. Those revenues were unexpectedly stretched thin in 2020 when the government shut down large parts of the economy to stop the spread of COVID-19. While many state budgets have fared better since then, state leaders have been closely examining existing tax policies and considering changes to mitigate any shortfalls.
To better understand the fiscal situation in each state and the state policies under consideration, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, funded by Avalara, conducted a survey of state government officials. Watch this on-demand webinar to hear tax policy experts from these two organizations reveal key takeaways from the survey, including a detailed look at revenue growth (or decline) by state and an overview of the potential shifts in tax policy that may impact your business.
- Learn state-by-state revenue trends during the pandemic, and future forecasts
- Learn state policy considerations for fiscal year 2022
- Learn plans for general sales and excise tax base changes
- Learn consumption patterns during the pandemic
- Learn changes that may be in store for economic nexus laws and the taxation of online purchases