Grant Management Solutions: How to Automate Grants Management
This session will provide an overview of the general grant lifecycle which is typical for federal, state, and foundation related grants. It will focus on the different types of cost allocation methods that can be used to charge donors for re-imbursements. Passthrough grants or subawards to grantees will be reviewed. Throughout the session, automating processes will be an underlying theme. The goal is to highlight where manual procedures can be automated to save time and reduce errors. Finally, the session will identify key features to look for when evaluating a grants management solution.
- Understand the typical grants life cycle – from application to close.
- Identify typical grant related data elements
- Specify a grant budget – typical expense categories. Enforce allowable expenses.
- Classify direct and indirect costs
- Formulate indirect costs – multiple options (transactional, pooling, negotiated rates)
- Calculate effort reporting and certification process
- Understand matching scenarios between grants